Monday, March 15, 2010

Laughter

They say that laughter is the best medicine. Well, I believe it! And baby laughter is music to the soul! Andrew has been laughing since he was about a month old- in his sleep. And then a few weeks ago, he started laughing in response to Paul and I. I had the hiccups the other day and he was laughing hysterically. It was the only time I really liked having the hiccups. He has begun playing peek a boo, where he lays in the crook of my arm and turns his head into my arm and swings his head around and smiles. When he first started doing it, I thought he was tired, but then I realized he was playing. He started laughing when I say peek a boo. He loves that game. Paul was singing to him and there was this part where Paul was putting his face close to Andrew's face and he thought that was so funny and was giggling. Andrew also likes the game where we lean him forward to kiss his forehead. After a couple times, he will start leaning toward you to keep doing it. He loves to coo and squeal. He has recently begun squealing in this really high pitched squeal. Sometimes in delight, and sometimes in anger. He coos in response to questions- it is so funny and cute! He has the biggest smile, although I think the camera scares him because whenever I pull the camera out, he goes all bug eyed and scared looking.

Matthew is a little sweetie pie too. He loves to talk to you and has this cute little coo. He smiles when you talk to him and loves having your attention. He started laughing for the first time yesterday. He has cooed in delight or given one laughter/squeal for a couple months now. But yesterday, he was giggling. It was so great. I was changing him into his sleeper, so he was naked, except for his diaper. He LOVES being naked. Every time I change his diaper or his clothes, he starts dancing. He kicks his arms and legs and squirms his whole body in different directions, while smiling and cooing. It is so funny. And yes, he is the one who has the braces on his legs, but he manages! Yesterday, during his naked dancing, I was tickling his stomach by dancing my fingers over his tummy and up to his neck, and he started giggling hysterically. It was great. We did that over and over for about 15 minutes. It was so fun!

Matthew has also found his thumb and he LOVES it! He sucks it all of the time and is just so cute sucking on it. Andrew is still looking for his thumb. For now, it is the fist. I am confident that with time, he will find it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment