Thursday, April 1, 2010

Andrew's tongue

Andrew is fascinated with tongues. Somewhere in his second month, probably toward the end of it, I noticed he would move his tongue when I talked to him. He always watches my mouth when I talk or sing, and moves his tongue right along with me. Because he seems so interested, I do a lot with my tongue. I stick it out at him and you could tell he would try to stick his out back, but had the hardest time mastering that. I would also move my tongue in and out. He thought that was the funniest thing and would just laugh at that. Even our pastor gets in on the fun and does funny tongue movements to him and he just thinks that is the most interesting thing ever.

It has also prevented him from crying. If he gets a big lower lip, or starts to whine, I will stick out my tongue to hold him off and it sometimes works. He will smile and engage and try his hardest to stick that tongue out. In fact, if you look at most of his pictures, if his fist is not in his mouth, his tongue is turned sideways. He is always playing with it.

Yesterday, I got Andrew up and was changing his diaper. He gave me this huge pouty lip, and I thought he was about to cry, and then, I saw it. His tongue emerged. He was sticking his tongue out and he was proud of it! He smiled at me and I laughed and stuck mine back at him and we did that ALL day long. Everytime I looked at him, he stuck out his bottom lip and out came the tongue. He is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment