Thursday, July 8, 2010

Laundry

I feel like I am losing the battle with my laundry. There is so much of it and I feel like I am never able to gain any headway. Ever since I can remember, I have always been very on top of my laundry. I would do it one day a week from start to finish. I would wash it, dry it, fold it, and put it away all in the same day. I had such a feeling of accomplishment!

Now, I am constantly doing laundry. One day, I might wash and dry it, the next day fold it, and the following day put it away. That is a good sequence for me. Usually, I wait a few days to fold it, another few days to put it away, and the only reason I put it away is because I need the basket to do yet another load of laundry. Of course, that is only one load, so I am doing this everyday, or every other day, because I can't seem to get more than one or two loads in a day. And part of the reason I only do one load at a time is because there is clean laundry in the other baskets that need to be folded and/or put away.

Gone are the days when everything was clean and put away in the same day. Hello to my current days of never ending laundry. And although I felt better about the laundry back then, I love my life more now as a whole!

2 comments:

  1. i could not agree with you more sarah. i hate doing laundry, it really does never end. i can wash all the clothes, but at the end of the day there is more laundry to do. and i hate to fold and put away, i usually beg wade to do that part for me...sometimes it works. anyway, hope you have a great day, and p.s. who needs clean clothes anyway??? hahaha, j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sarah, I can totally relate. I've never done so much laundry in my life! But I agree with you 100% -- the babies are worth every load.

    My mother-in-law reminded me of Proverbs 14:4 "Where there are no oxen the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox." Not calling our kids oxen, but you get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete