Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling Blessed

Sometimes I feel like I am just a roller coaster of emotions. One moment I am even keel, content, and counting my blessing, having great quiet times with God, and feeling like all is right with the world. Then, something will happen where I soar down, become stressed out, freak out, and everything is overwhelming. And then something else will happen where I feel up on the mountaintops and counting every blessing and feeling silly for feeling so stressed.

Paul being on the brink of losing his job is definitely stressful. I am nervous about it, but not feeling despair like I was on Tuesday. The Scripture I have been quoting in my head since Paul told me about his job situation is "I know God will supply all my needs according to his glorious riches." And I have been praying that verse constantly. And then something amazing happened. Something I didn't quite expect, although I should have because God makes good on his promises. Every single financial need we have had for this month has been met- by various family members, friends, our church family, and a bonus Paul received from work.

Paul and I have wept in gratitude, relief, and praise for our God who has blessed us with such loving people in our lives. He used those people to strengthen our faith. Some of those friends have even passed on his resume in hopes that he will find a better job. I am going to keep praying for a job for Paul that will be better than his current one. I am praying specifically for better hours, better pay, and better benefits. I am not sure how all of this will pan out, but I am confident that God will bring us through. We aren't just going to sit back and relax- we will continue to work hard to find Paul a job- but I know something is better out there for him. Until then... thank you. Thank you for those who reached out in support emotionally, financially, prayerfully, and practically. You have no idea how much you mean to us!

2 comments:

  1. OH Sarah, that is so good--I too have been praying that Paul either will not lose his job or that he finds a better one! Praise God for His financial and spiritual blessings! Keep looking up and remember when another time becomes hard how God provided this time and He will again!

    ReplyDelete