Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reflections

I am currently reading "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman, and I just got to the chapter where she described in excruciating detail the anguishing day her daughter was hit by a car and died. It took me a long time to read that chapter as I was bawling and weeping with every paragraph. I hope I never have to live through that pain. She is amazingly candid about the pain she and her husband Steven Curtis Chapman have been through and feel. My heart is broken for this family who have gone through indescribable pain.

Tonight, I will not complain when I have to get up in the middle of the night with Matthew. I will probably rock him a little longer, hold him a little tighter, and pray for him and Andrew a little deeper. I will soak up all the sweet cuddling I can and hold onto these tender moments for as long as I can. For you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment