Friday, December 10, 2010

Chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies

This is a pretty simple meal to make. I buy boneless, skinless chicken breast, marinate them in Italian dressing, and then put them on the George Foreman grill for 9 minutes. If they are big breasts, make sure you cut them in half to ensure they cooked the whole way through.

For the mashed potatoes, I tend to make them in large quantities, because I love leftovers, and the boys love mashed potatoes. So, cut into pieces the desired amount of potatoes you want, put in big pot, cover with water, and boil until the pieces are soft. Then drain the water, add milk and butter (or sour cream and chicken broth if you are watching your calories), mash it, then whip it with hand mixer. I usually peel the potatoes, but this time I didn't, and it was pretty tasty and a lot less work!

For the veggie: I used corn this time, but I usually do broccoli and cauliflower with a tiny cheese sprinkled on top. I boil it in water for 5 minutes and ta da- healthy and tasty meal! I forgot to take pictures of it, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment