Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Natural Alarm

For as long as I can remember, I have always had trouble getting out of bed in the morning. I got my first alarm clock in 6th grade, and since then have pressed the snooze button at least once. Usually more than once! And let me tell you, I hate the sound that stupid alarm makes, that beep beep beep. It's enough to drive any sleep lover a little crazy.

I am happy to say that I no longer use an alarm. I haven't used one since October 26, 2009, the day after I went on bedrest. I have a more natural alarm now. When I was pregnant, it was the sharp pains I felt in my hips and the insistent urge to use the bathroom. When the boys were born, it was their cry that made me leap out of bed and to their room before I even took a second to think or breathe. Now, sometimes it is their cry that gets me up, but usually it is the sound of the boys talking to each other. I love that they wake up happy. I love that I now wake up to happy babbling instead of to beeping or worse, to crying!

I don't get to press the snooze button anymore, but when they are talking and playing with each other, I also don't have to go in right away. It is nice to wake up slowly as they are laughing and jumping and talking back and forth.

1 comment:

  1. I loved when we moved Stella to her big girl bed and she would come and crawl in with us to cuddle in the mornings. But I'm with ya on the no alarm thing. Kids get me up too!

    ReplyDelete